Games Recently Played

Friday, January 11, 2013

Hannah, Conan, Ryan & Me


 I had a very special treat yesterday as Hannah took me on a Daddy-daughter date as fulfillment of her Christmas present to me. We drove up to Hollywood and Burbank and went to the taping of the Conan O'Brien show at Warner Bros. studios. To her great delight, Ryan Gosling was on the show, so she was giddy all day in anticipation. In spite of her school-girl giddiness, I am amazed at how grown up she is as she finishes her senior year and gets ready for college. The show was great and a lot of fun, I don't think I had been to the taping of a show since Happy Days when I was near Hannah's age. Here are some shots of the show, with a Ryan close-up for Hannah:



We had a great time, after we checked in we drove around the area, down Bob Hope drive and hung out for awhile at Johnny Carson park. We also got a look at the various studios, and even checked a view of some of the back lots. This shot is of the airplane crash scene from the movie War of the Worlds, it was bit cold and windy up the hillside. While waiting for the show we even got in a game of Lost Cities. After the show we went out to dinner before we made the long drive back home. The best part was being with Hannah and talking about her goals and the things that she wants to do. I am sure she will be happy pursuing her dreams (maybe not Ryan Gosling though).






2 comments:

  1. So fun you two!! I'm so jealous! And I'm shocked Hannah, you actually got Dad to be in some of the pictures :) Glad you guys had fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun date with your cutie daughter. How old does Ryan Gosling have to be before he becomes Ryan Goose? (boo)

    ReplyDelete