Games Recently Played

Monday, April 2, 2012

Conference Priesthood & Video Games

Time is sure passing fast. Here I am with my boys Jonathan & Caleb over seven years ago, and now they both hold the priesthood:


It is General Conference weekend, and this is the first time that both my boys are old enough to go with me to priesthood session broadcast at the stake center. I am quite the proud father to have them sit next to me. It was a great priesthood session:

Elder Bednar spoke about about how righteousenss is necessary to act with priesthood power.

President Uchtdorf spoke about our priesthood duties, and how its not just important to know what we do, but why we do it. "The what informs, but the why transforms."

President Eyring spoke about the sealing powers and that there is nothing more important to come into families than the priesthood sealing blessings of God.

When the prophet, President Monson spoke, he said something that really caught our attention. He spoke of how it was a priviledged time to live with the priesthood on the earth. But with those blessings come responsibilities and duties. He then said,"The call of duty came to Adam, to Noah, to Abraham, to Moses, to Samuel, to David. It came to the Prophet Joseph Smith and to each of his successors." I nudged Caleb and said "I guess that settles it, the prophet prefers Call of Duty." His eyes widened and he nudged Jonathan. You see, I have had a little arguement going with my boys regarding which first-person shooter game is better, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3(COD:MW3), or Battlefield 3 (BF3). I prefer BF3 on the computer, while they say COD:MW3 is better on the XBox.


With that statement in conference, they smiled a bit and payed closer attention. President Monson went on to repeat the phrase "Call of Duty" quite a few times:

"The call of duty came to the boy Nephi when he was instructed by the Lord, through his father Lehi, to return to Jerusalem with his brothers to obtain the brass plates from Laban."

"The call of duty can come quietly as we who hold the priesthood respond to the assignments we receive."

So they listened closer to conference with this reference, and now they rib me about how COD:MW3 is better than BF3. I love my boys. 




No comments:

Post a Comment