Games Recently Played

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Games with Britt!

Its great having Brittany in town for a few days before she begins her last semester at BYU-Idaho. My wife Michelle and I got to play a few games with her and Jake Hopkins. We played 7 Wonders, a staple multi-player card drafting game of civilization building. I had no resources, so I played many yellow merchant cards and collected money hoping to buy the resources, but I was limited and Brittany stomped on us by going after science. We also played Pastiche, a cool art game created by Sean MacDonald of Utah. You place hexagon palette cards with the primary colors and connect them to the existing hexagon palette. Where the primary colors touch you create colors that you collect in the form of cards. You then have famous works of art that have required color cards in order to create the commissioned masterpieces. The first one to 35 points in artwork ends the game. I had a string of lesser valued art pieces created by DaVinci (including the Mona Lisa), but Brittany came through with 3 high point paintings to win the game in a rather quick fashion.

My Mona Lisa was not enough, only valued at an 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment