Games Recently Played

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Game Session

It has arrived, and we played! The game Eclipse, which I first played at SaltCon in February, has been in high demand and selling out its first two printings quickly. I had placed a pre-order, and got one of the 2nd printing copies. It is a massive space game that has everything in it: economy, technology, cutomizing ships, exploration, space battles, colonizing, managing resources, diplomacy. We only played with three players (can take six), and the first game learning curve is high so it took us quite a few hours to play, but it is an awesome game. I know it is good, because I enjoyed it and got my trash kicked in the game just like the first time I played it. Playing is a fun experience, I just need to adjust some strategies. There is some randomness to exploration and the resources/obstacles that appear, and with some combat rolls, but not unbalanced. It is a game that definitely seems to favor combat and aggressive play, as you are rewarded with victory points for just participating in battles, and when you defeat ancients (neutral opposition) you are rewarded with resources or new technology.

Our "universe", I'm yellow.


Eclipse
1- Tyler H, 2- Nathan J, 3- Brett H

No comments:

Post a Comment