Games Recently Played

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Gaming Session: Fruits & Aliens

For game night I introduced the game Finca to the group, the one I played at Strategicon about gathering fruits and delivering by cart to different towns to fill orders. Again the cool mechanism of placing workers on a windmill, and moving according to the number of players on your "blade" of the windmill, and collecting a number of fruit according to the blade you land on and the number of players there, is unique and strategic. It was a tight game, and I barely won in the end due to some luck in other players not ending the game earlier. Finca is a nice, compact and fluid game with no really glaring holes.

We then continued with another game of Level 7, this time with all the rules firmly understood. To make it even better I had made laminated summary cards of the most important rules which helped greatly. I am so into the game right now that I even took advantage of an offer for the company to make a personal player card for me with my image on it. I had Hannah take a picture of me with an expression I thought would be appropriate for the game. They sent the player card graphic to me, I printed it out and mounted it on chipboard, and boom! Now I am officially subject "45UNG0715" trying to escape from level 7 of the facility. Pretty cool.


We replayed the 2nd scenario and we all made it out alive, but there were some uneasy moments. I want to play again! I can't wait to go through all 7 levels in one sitting! We thought of some cool rules to include like no talking unless your character is next to you on the gameboard, using a timer to speed up turns and make quicker (and probably more fatal) decisions, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment