Games Recently Played

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ronald LeRoy Holbrook - 20 years - 10-11-12

Twenty years ago today my father passed away. I put together some pictures in a slideshow (it is at the bottom, my daughter Hannah the tech wiz helped me to embed it) to commemorate his life, and to remember what I had forgotten. I have some great pics of him growing up from his parents, some neat ones when I was young, none of him from my teenage years, and scant few later. My last picture of him I have was from my wedding, he never did get to meet any of my kids. I remember playing some classical Rachmaninoff for him one time, and telling him how amazing the piano was. He told me, "you want to hear piano, listen to this!" and put on some of his favorite jazz, by Keith Jarrett. He would say, "you need three hands to play that!" I added some smooth KJ to this slideshow for him. As you watch and listen, you can imagine him, as I do, leaning back in his chair in his home office as the jazz piano fills the air. Listening to it reminds me of him. I do find myself trying to be like him at times, wanting to relive some of my experiences I had with him.


















Seven years  to the day after his death, my boy Caleb was born. Today he turned 13, on official teenager. He is getting to be such a big young man. We caught the momentous occasion this morning officially at 7:08:09 on 10-11-12 as he turned 13. Pretty cool. You can see that he's got a bit of grandpa in him.




Can you see some of his inheritance? Its all in the dimples




Go here to see the pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment