Games Recently Played

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Gaming Session: Gifts of the Nisse

For game night the others were willing to playtest one of my games, so I broke out Nisse as I have recently been thinking I want to complete it and submit it to a company or enter it into a contest. I had made some final changes since I last playtested it at Strategicon, and we went for a full game with 5 players, not just certain segments. Some of my additions for this playtest:
1. Introduced the Flex token that could be used to play on another player's task.
2. Set a threshold of 10 tasks that need to be completed overall each turn for the farmer to be happy. His happiness then determined if conditions were drawn the next turn to placed on the players/nisse.
3. Used the player boards again to count tokens earned, and purchases could only be made off of earned tokens.
4. Porridge was earned only if all your tasks were completed, had placed at least one on all your tasks, and had a majority on at least one task.


One of the happy gnomes (nisse)!















I thought the test went well, with a few issues regarding the use of the Flex token and resolving Jul (Christmas) at the end, but overall it was smooth with quite a few different strategies. There were some fun, tense moments and everyone was involved, and they gave me some great feedback. I feel confident that something good is there at the core of this game and that it is worth continuing to pursue.








No comments:

Post a Comment